* Stand with your feet just under shoulder-width distance apart and your arms at your sides.
* Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your palms facing in toward your body.
* Step forward with your right leg, landing on your heel and bending your right knee until your left leg makes a 90-degree angle to the ground.
* Extend your right knee and hip to push your body back to the starting position.
* Return the weights to their original position as you push backward.
* Repeat the exercise with your left leg forward and right leg back for number of reps then switch sides